Cool Smart Planet in partnership with Framing Our Community will build a 200 ton per day biofuel plant in Naples, ME:
- 35 acre site - commercially zoned.
- Land owner is Q-Team Tree Service, which has been operation since 1985.
- Phase 1 environmental study needs to be done.
- Site will later be built out to include a larger biofuel plant, as well as greenhouses, which will convert waste heat and gases into fruits, vegetables, legumes and grains.
- The resulting bio-oil will be sold to major US petroleum refiners who need the bio-oil to satisfy the EPA’s renewable fuel standards.
- Framing Our Community and its partners have access to a variety of private capital, venture capital, debt financing and Federal and state loan guarantees and grants.
Naples Facts and Figures
- Population: 3872
- Land area: 37.25 sq. mile
- Persons per sq. mile: 103
- Poverty rate: 16.1%
Estimated Infrastructure Cost
- Biofuel Plant: $30 Million
Estimated Job Creation
- Construction phase: 100 jobs
- Operations Phase: 40 jobs
The Town Of Naples
- Incorporated in 1834.
- On US Route 302.
- 20 miles to US Route 95; 30 miles to Portland, ME.
- Local and State Governments business and environment-friendly.
- Located near ample supplies of waste wood feedstock.
- Motivated, experienced workforce.